TROIS-RIVIÈRES, QC, Aug. 9, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - BRP (TSX: DOO) will join NASCAR racing enthusiasts at the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières, which will take place from August 6 to 14. In addition to being the title sponsor of the Les 50 tours Can-Am race, with two cars from the Go FAS Racing team on the track, BRP will present the full line of its Can-Am on- and off-road products.
BRP, official sponsor of the Go FAS Racing team on the Canadian and US NASCAR circuits, is also proud to have two drivers taking part in the Les 50 tours Can-Am race on the Trois-Rivières track. Alex Labbé, a young driver who has had a very successful 2016 season thus far on the NASCAR Pinty's Series, even chalking up the first win of his career, will be racing the #32 car. Jeffrey Earnhardt, a driver with the Go FAS Racing team in the American NASCAR Sprint Cup series, will also be at the wheel of a car proudly sporting the Can-Am brand's yellow and black.
"We are very pleased to be connected to a Canadian NASCAR racing team and sponsoring the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières, a prestigious Quebec event at the heart of the Canadian automobile racing circuit. It's also a unique opportunity to meet enthusiasts and share our new Can-Am products with them," said Jean Fleury, director, Global Product Strategy and Business Development.
BRP will be present at the event on the following dates:
Thursday, August 11, 2016
- 5:30 p.m.: The Hauler Parade from the Porte Pacifique-Duplessis to Harbourfront Park will be led by Jeffrey Earnhardt, who will be driving a Can-Am Spyder vehicle in the colours of the Les 50 tours Can-Am race.
- 6:00 p.m.: Autograph signing at Harbourfront Park featuring Go FAS Racing drivers Alex Labbé and Jeffrey Earnhardt, among others.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 12–14, 2016
- Starting at noon Friday as well as Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m.: The BRP and Can-Am booth will be open inside the Depailler section (at the base of the Coors Light walkway).
- At the booth, visitors will be able to discover the most recent models of Can‑Am Spyder vehicles, including the Can-Am Spyder F3 Turbo Concept and the Can-Am Spyder F3-S Daytona Edition, as well as a display of all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles.
- There will also be a contest giving visitors the chance to win a Can-Am vehicle of their choice.
Sunday, August 14, 2016
- Noon: Autograph signing right on the racetrack with Go FAS Racing drivers Alex Labbé and Jeffrey Earnhardt, among others.
BRP (TSX:DOO) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of powersports vehicles and propulsion systems. Its portfolio includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles, Can-Am Spyder vehicles, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. BRP supports its line of products with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business. With annual sales of over CA$3.8 billion from over 100 countries, the Company employs approximately 7,900 people worldwide.
Ski-Doo, Lynx, Sea-Doo, Evinrude, Rotax, Can-Am, Spyder and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.